Thursday 28 November 2013

The End, of NaNo for another year

Finish verb to finish a job, accomplish, achieve, bring to an end, complete, round off, sign off, stop.

I have done all of the above. I have finished my NaNo novel, all 52,272 words of it, had the word count validated and can now breathe easy.


This is an accomplishment that leaves me feeling...satisfied, proud, and very sick and tired of sitting in front of my laptop.

Now I have another deadline, to get my Christmas shopping done, my gifts wrapped and my cookies baked.

Oh, and I forgot. I have two sweaters I knit, still in pieces waiting to be sewn together. There's a vest for my granddaughter as yet unfinished, hat and scarf sets to make, and why, I don't know, but two Christmas stockings I agreed to crochet.

Tis the season, right?

I'm going to put my dictionary back on the shelf, along with my Thesaurus until I write again.

Right now, it's 4:37 pm, and I've been so busy writing my 52,272 words, I've neglected to eat. Finished a pot of coffee but somehow forgot breakfast and lunch.

I wish I had a nice bottle of wine to celebrate, not very forward thinking on my part.

It's hard to explain, but I feel different than I did on waking, as if a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Was the effort of the last 28 days worth the outcome? Hell, yes.

I've had a rough six months, and feel good to have completed this challenge. Though I may have felt beaten down at times, (chronic pain will do that to you), I stuck with it and saw it through.

I'm in a good frame of mind, looking forward to the holidays.

A time for friends, family and some good cheer. I'll get that celebratory wine yet.






No comments: