Wednesday 2 July 2014

Canada Day Fireworks



I was lying in bed, reading, when the Canada Day fire works began just after 10 P.M. last night.
Pop, pop…pop, pop, pop…bang, bang…bang…BANG.

There must be something very wrong with me, because when I heard that one really big bang, all I could think about was murder.

The sound was similar to that of a gun shot, or so I assume…I do watch television.

Then I lost interest in the book I was reading, thinking who could be murdered in the park, on the holiday, during the fire works display?

I’ll have to think on this story for awhile. I haven’t solved the murder of the Mean Girls in the cornfield. That’s the murder mystery I’m currently working on.

Inspiration for that one began with a phrase from my son…”Where the Forest Meets the Corn”.

You just never know where inspiration will come from. If it takes me the summer to finish the ‘killed in the corn field’ story, I may save the holiday weekend story for the fall. There’s NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) in November.

I can change the fireworks from Canada Day to Labour Day. That would work. Fall is as good a time as any to commit a murder.


No comments: