Wednesday 24 September 2014

Cell Phone Avoidance.

My children have been encouraging me to get a cell phone. They want to push me into modern times and I’ve been reluctant. I know there might come a time when I’ll regret this lack of initiative on my part, some time when I’m stranded on the side of the road somewhere.

I think they just want me to have something to do when we all get together for “social” time. I think that means talking and they think it means texting and Twitter.

I was talking to my daughter the other night and told her I’d get a cell phone if only for the camera. There are times I’d like to take a picture, I told her, which I could do with a phone because pulling out a camera to take the picture would be frowned upon.

She looked a little surprised, wondering what kind of photos I wanted to take. I explained.

“Sometimes I see something and it would be nice to have a picture of it, to refer to later.”

She looked at me in question. I frowned back at her. “Not what you think. I mean crafts, some craft or some artsy thing I might see and want a picture of. Thank you very much.”

She laughed and nodded.


Maybe one day I’ll get that cell phone, someday in the future, though I don’t think it’s likely.

No comments: