Wednesday 8 April 2015

G...Good Luck


I remember this old saying, something about “if it weren’t for bad luck, I wouldn’t have no luck at all”. It turns out these words are lyrics from the song Born Under a Bad Sign, 1967, lyrics by William Bell, music by Booker T Jones.

I’m sure we’ve all had times when we’ve felt exactly like that. I’m singing a different song, must be under a good luck spell lately.

I dropped a glass on the floor (laminate over concrete) and it didn’t break.

My toast slid off the plate and landed jam side up.

Another old saying about “a watched pot never boils”, so I walked away from the pasta boiling on the stove and returned just before it boiled over and prevented a nasty mess on my stove.

Found a looney in the bottom of the washer...paid for the dryer.

Found that mistake in my crochet before I was so far ahead I’d have to rip the whole thing out.

And thanks to that man that pulled out of the parking space right by the door, saving me time and effort.


I’m looking at the sunny side of life. More song lyrics.

Johnny Cash and the Carter Family
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ClaLuVL7Q

No comments: