Friday 10 April 2015

I...Ice Cream Floats



I was out for dinner with my son and his family, and saw the kids favourite drink was root beer. It’s not a drink I have very often, as I’m very much a dedicated Diet Pepsi fan (sorry, John, but diet Coke has too much sodium, and I retain too much fluid already LOL).

The only time I have root beer is if I’m at A&W, which I am at least once a year for the annual MS fundraiser. If you’re going to drink root beer, it might as well be the best.



When my kids were small a favourite treat was a root beer float. You remember, vanilla ice cream added to a glass of root beer. As I write this, I can’t seem to remember, do you add the ice cream to the root beer, or put the ice cream in first, add the root beer second?

Now, all I want is a root beer float. Power of suggestion, right?


I think I’ll bide my time, wait until summer and treat the kids to one when the family is all together. Good memories, and good times worth repeating.

4 comments:

S. L. Hennessy said...

Now I'm totally craving and ice cream float!

Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

Robyn Proctor said...

A root beer float sounds so good, I'm having one tonight!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a root beer float in ages. I always did ice cream and poured the root beer on top.

Amaryllis Turman said...

Now I am thinking about ice cream floats! Hmmm might have to try to get one this weekend.
Found from A-to-Z challenge.
http://www.amaryllisturman.com