Wednesday 19 August 2015

Hot and Humid



This weather is punishing, and I pity anyone who has to be outside doing physical work. This is one time an air conditioned office would be a bonus, I guess.

I hate air conditioning. It seems a crime to close off all that fresh summer air after all the months we’re closed in by the cold, but not when it’s this hot. I had all my windows open the other day, liked to think there was a cool breeze coming in when I saw the curtains flutter.

The temperature stayed high, and there was little relief during the night, none of that welcome cool when the sun went down. By the next day it was so hot and humid I had trouble breathing, and the least little activity had me in a ‘feminine glow’.

I closed everything up, including all the drapes to ward off the heat of the sun, and made myself a prisoner in my own home. I’m regretting that I didn’t purchase a dehumidifier, as the very air feels thick and damp.


I know this too will pass, and looked out at the court and remembered what it looked like with its piles of gritty snow and ice covered roads. But before we face winter again there will be a beautiful autumn, and I plan to make the most of it.


No comments: