Friday 4 September 2015

When did I Become That Old Lady?



When did I become that kind of old lady? You know the one I mean, the one with whiskers.

I was rubbing my chin and found one single whisker, not a hair, but the rough, tough kind of whisker that men get. I know at my age I’m estrogen poor, but come on, whiskers are for those old ladies in their eighties. I’m in my prime of old age; I should have years to go before all those age things prevail.

And what’s with all these brown spots? For years I convinced myself they were freckles, can’t do it anymore. Sure sign of age. Who am I kidding, I’ve been aging for years...ha, ha, ha...and have not done it gracefully, but then I never did any of the work to hold it off.


I try to warn the next generations about eating healthy, getting enough exercise and sleep, and taking care of their skin. A do as I say, not as I did kind of thing. But do they listen? No. After all, what do I know?



No comments: