Saturday 16 April 2016

New Cookbook



Even though I’m not cooking with the same enthusiasm as before, I do love looking at recipes.

I received a new cookbook from a friend, “Take a Tour Through Huron County Kitchens”. It was produced to support the 2017 International Plowing Match, to be held in Walton, Ontario on September 19-23.

I love these cookbooks filled with recipes from the community. I still have the ones produced by the kids’ public school and sold as a fundraiser. I love reading it, seeing the names of old neighbours, old friends. The names in this new book are not familiar, but so many of the recipes are ones I’ve tried before, and I’ve marked a number to try, so maybe my desire to cook just needed a jump start with a new set of recipes.

Not too long ago I met a woman at a church bazaar. I hadn’t seen her in years, and she laughed when I told her I had been thinking of her that week, when I’d made her cinnamon cake from the school cookbook.

Good food, good friends and good times, never go out of style.



1 comment:

betty said...

That is cool about the cookbook from the fundraiser years ago; never thought of it being a good way to look back at names and remember the good times from the past :)

betty