Wednesday 18 May 2016

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Children learn a lot by watching how their parents interact. They see more than their parents might want or ever imagine. My children lived through a divorce, and I'm sorry that they were witness to the disintegration of their parent's relationship, and their family.

My son and his family spend a lot of time outdoors, avid hunters and fisherman. They camp frequently through the summer, and everyone fishes. I think my eight year old granddaughter has the record for the biggest fish, or maybe it was just her fish was bigger than the one her Dad caught.

Last summer, Mom got her fishing line caught in a tree. I think they were in a boat, fishing along the edge of the shore. Her husband stood and said, "I'll take care of that snag for you", and proceeded to do so.

Their son looked at his Mom, and with all seriousness made a comment that still makes my heart melt with the remembering.

"I think he'd do anything for you, Mom."

I'm blessed, to have this family. Something I'm grateful for everyday.

No comments: