Thursday 22 December 2016

No More Kicking

After the freezing cold weather, rain followed by snow, my car was coated in a sheet of ice and the windshield wipers buried in frozen snow. I wasn't going anywhere for a few days.

Yesterday, the sun was shining and the temperatures hovered just above freezing, so I figured I could release Velma, my car, from her frozen state.

The ice fell off the windshield with one good push and the rest was easy. Off I went to finish my last minute errands. Three stops later I struggled to get everything in the door. I had dropped the toilet paper twice from the car to the door, and frustrated let it fall inside the door and kicked it out of my way.

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch. Not the thing to do with the foot I hurt on the weekend. Lily, the dog I was sitting, continues to haunt me.

I got up early Sunday to let the dog out and smashed my foot into the table leg, right between the 4th and 5th toes. Lot's of bruising and pain. Figured I might have broken the little toe, but what would they do?

I can't wear any shoes but my crocs, and walking is still painful but the kick to the toilet paper was not the wisest thing to do.

So I'm limping, and having to persevere to stand and get a few last chores done. But I'll finish, the kids are expecting this last treat, and who am I to disappoint?

No comments: