Monday 5 December 2016

Love, Love, Love Peanut Butter

My grandson had a friend over to play, and my daughter overheard him bragging...about one of my Christmas recipes.

"My Grandma makes the best peanut butter and marshmallow treats."

And, oddly enough, I have the ingredients in my cupboard. They are very simple, peanut butter, butterscotch ships and mini colored marshmallows. They are simple and sooooo good.


Melt 1 12oz bag of butterscotch chips with 1 cup peanut butter. Remove from heat, stir in 1 bag of miniature marshmallows. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and place in refrigerator until cool. Cut into squares.

I noticed that some bags of marshmallows are smaller than others and it makes a difference, because you have too much of the sauce, not that it's not tasty, but it works better to have the right amount. I got this recipe from the Camborne Public School fundraiser cookbook, from 1982. So many of my old friends submitted recipes that I've enjoyed over the years.

I may have to make a second batch, as I know there are others in the family who love them too. It's so nice to be appreciated.

No comments: