Wednesday 14 December 2016

New Treat...Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Christmas is so close, and I thought I was ready. Not!

I got waylaid with some Christmas baking. Made those peanut butter marshmallow squares I posted about before, and gave a tasty preview to the kids, and was delighted to see their faces light up. Anything with peanut butter is sure to be a family favorite.

So far I've made raspberry/rhubarb squares, brownies, and some 'kind of' shortcake. I found the recipe on the back of the cornstarch box many years ago and have made it every holiday.

I was searching the recipes on Pinterest and found an easy one for Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge. I made it yesterday and it was easy, and very tasty. My son and his family were here before my granddaughter's indoor soccer game, and the fudge definitely passed the taste test.

So, as I believe in sharing, here's the recipe.

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup peanut butter

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add milk and vanilla.

Sift sugar, cocoa and salt together. Gradually add sugar mixture to milk mixture, stirring until well blended.

Stir in Peanut butter.

Press into a buttered 8 inch square pan. Cover and chill. Cut into squares.

Keep refrigerated.

You can cut it into small bite size pieces, very sweet and creamy and so good.

Enjoy.

No comments: