Wednesday 22 March 2017

The Empty Storage Closet

My daughter dropped by this morning, with her usual type of question. "What's going on in here?"

I'm spring cleaning and have everything pulled out of my storage cupboard, and am sorting through all my craft supplies. There are piles to organize, and piles to get rid of, so far.

I thought I was very organized when I moved in, and even these years later, am not inclined to give up anything that I deemed worth keeping when I moved.

I have 23 photo boxes that hold all, okay, some, of my craft supplies. Things like crayons, markers, colored pencils, then there are the art stamps, collage items, styrofoam balls and three of ribbon. I also have fabric paint and glass paint, and a wood burning kit.





I have a tier of plastic drawers for my sewing supplies, and one for scrap booking, plus a few containers of paper. I'm not doing scrap booking any more, but the paper can be used for art projects.



My art supplies are kept in another spot, as is my file of past projects, to be completed and paper.

I absolutely love paper, and, being a mixed media artist  collecting paper suits me. I just haven't done very much art this past year.

I've been more into crochet, and don't want to talk about my stash of yarn. Let's not go there.

The place will look better, as I'm making headway, little by little. Another crafts person would understand. The minute you clean out your hoard of supplies, you get into a project and no longer have that one item that would make it perfect, I've lived through this too many times.

My daughter will never understand. She is not crafty, something that boggles my mind. Growing up with painting, knitting, crochet, rug hooking, sewing and macrame, she has never had any desire to do any of this. I'm holding out for the next generation, to find my artist, my crafter, my writer. Only time will tell.