Wednesday 24 May 2017

Foolish, Foolish, Foolish

When I stepped out the door this morning I thought it was cool, so I put on a light hoodie, then topped it with my jean jacket. May daughter arrived to pick me up and when I walked out it was too hot so I hurried back inside to change.

If you knew my daughter, God bless her soul, she is not the most patient of people and can have her day jam packed and on a schedule. I was part of the morning schedule.

I hurried to change, and quickly threw on the top I'd worn to lunch yesterday and had yet to hang up. So with the tank and the shirt I was ready to go.

We drove to Canadian Tire to spend my Mother's Day gift certificate on mulch for my garden and a few more plants. As I was about to step out of the car I noticed I had my shirt on inside out. I started to laugh and, literally, could not stop. It was one of those 'laugh so hard I thought I'd pee my pants' kind of things.

Luckily, I had the tank top underneath, and as we were on the outer edge of the parking lot, took off my shirt, reversed it and finished dressing, laughing the whole time.

Now, I'm wearing a T shirt, as the layers were still too warm, I have my flowers planted, the mulch spread and my fairy lights attached to the trellis. My son had previously weeded and dug up the garden, and took me shopping for the flower baskets, adding a gift of Clemantis.

My garden is a thing of beauty, and a combined effort completed by my children for their old Mom.


No comments: