Tuesday 14 November 2017

Goodbye Lily

It is with great sadness that we had to say goodbye to Lily, my daughter's family pet.

It was recently discovered that she had cancer and knowing allowed the family to prepare, but today her suffering was too much to bear.

My daughter and I lived in a sort of duplex arrangement when we got Lily, so as a pup she was my dog more than anyone else's as she spent all day, every day with me.

For rhe last few years, Lily was again my dog for one week a year when the family went to Florida. She was old like me, so easy to care for. I never had to worry about her running off, especially as it was cold weather. I did create a bit of a monster though, as I was heavy on the treats. After the first time she never saw me without looking for some sort of doggie biscuit.

Many times, after she had returned home, I'd find myself talking to her, to only remember she was gone.

Well now she's gone for real, the tears have flowed and we've all shared a hug.

Goodbye Lil, you will be missed.




No comments: