Sunday 18 March 2018

Sports Sunday

I have been watching sports all afternoon, two of my favorites, golf and tennis. I am amazed at tennis pro Roger Federer, who has been winning consistently this season and last, at 36 years of age, and after a 6-8 month absence due to injury.

The final match is still playing for the Indian Wells tournament, and it is nail biting. Second set went to a tie break and this third and deciding set is very grueling to say the least.

I was also watching the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Orlando, Florida. I'll admit I haven't paid much attention to golf, not since Tiger Woods went off with his numerous back issues. Many said he would never be back, or ever play to his old form. Well, last weekend he came in tied for second, and this week he was a serious contender until the 16th hole.

Rory McIlroy is back, and I suspect was the winner, though I turned off to see the end of the tennis.

I have always been surrounded by sports. My Dad was a pro football player, and played both golf and tennis into his retirement. The television was always set to some sports event or another. My son played hockey and I earned the title of Hockey Mom.

I watch hockey, usually just the Maple Leafs, our 'home' team. I try to keep up because my grandson and son-in-law are such fans

I like sports, and will watch the Blue Jays once they are home and the season begins.

I spend most evenings crocheting, or reading, and sports make a nice background. If something exciting happens the announcers always give you warning, and then there's the instant replay. I don't have to worry about what I am missing when my eyes are on my work instead of the screen.

Come on guys, let's get this done. Third and final set....at a tie...and Del Potro has finally beaten Roger Federer. Darn. It was exciting, but not the outcome I'd hoped for, but now I can go back to what I was doing.

No comments: